Caroline’s expertise, enthusiasm and humour made our career coaching sessions immensely productive – and positive. Anyone at a career crossroads needs someone with the knowledge and experience to help them find their own best path – and that someone is Caroline. What I appreciated most was her ability to challenge and encourage in the same session. Caroline’s ability to seamlessly combine practical advice with a broader outlook makes her an outstanding coach and business expert.
Career coaching and Outplacement
Career coaching – where next?
Thinking about what you might do next in your career can be exciting, and daunting!
It can also present lots of questions – What would I really like to do? Which of my skills are transferable? What opportunity is there to change direction altogether? How do I go about finding my dream job?
Our career coaching gives you the time and opportunity to explore your wishes and needs for the future. We take a structured approach to the sessions, and listen, ask questions and help you to clarify your career aspirations and plan for your job search.
- Guide you through an initial self-appraisal, by examining the highs and lows of your career to date, enabling you to recognise your achievements – large and small, and identifying what satisfies you in your work
- Help you to define and articulate your transferable skills, knowledge and attributes
- Enable you to clarify your needs and create a benchmark against which to consider future options, and support you while you examine them
- Motivate you to set goals for your career move and identify the steps to achieve your ambitions
- Help you to write and improve your CV and other self-promotion materials
- Explain the different routes to the job market and the distinct tactics for each
- Clarify the requirements of different types of interviews, assessments and tests
- Ensure your optimum performance by helping you to prepare and practise for meetings and interviews
- Help you in your decision-making when you are considering offers and negotiating terms
- Support you during the first weeks in your new role
Career planning – what next?
Once you have secured your new role, our work together needn’t stop there. Your career is ever evolving, and benefits from planning and proactive development. Perhaps a rapid promotion is in your sights, or your new role is presenting challenges that you’re not used to. We can help during these times too.
Whatever your goals, there is no doubt that career coaching will help keep you on track, focused and actively in pursuit of your personal and professional ambitions.
We’d love to help you, so why not contact us for a no obligation chat?
Our career coaching service is led by Caroline McIntosh.
Career Transition and Outplacement coaching
If your organisation is restructuring or making redundancies, career transition and outplacement coaching can support the change in a positive way. It reflects well on your organisation, and improves the morale of those who remain. Most importantly, it gives your redundant or transitioning staff the support and guidance they need at a time when they may be feeling uncertain and concerned about their future.
Career transition coaching enables individuals who are being redeployed to consider options and prepare for changes in their role, responsibilities and career.
Our outplacement service provides the practical and emotional support to enable individuals who have been made redundant to navigate the competitive job market and move into new employment as soon as possible.
And so as an organisation you will be able to focus your energies on business operations and restructuring in the knowledge that your people are in good hands.
Career transition and outplacement coaching programmes are tailored to the requirements of the individual and the organisation, but can include helping employees with the following:
- Conducting a career review and analysis
- Identifying key skills and experience
- Psychometric profiling
- Exploring career options and alternative ways of working
- Enabling informed decisions about the next career move
- Devising a practical career action plan for the next job and beyond
- Writing CVs, covering letters and completing application forms
- Rehearsing for interviews, presentations and networking
- Managing the recruitment agency and head-hunter relationship
- Developing an on-line presence
- Considering and preparing for self-employment
- Settling into the new job
Our career transition and outplacement service is led by Caroline McIntosh.
How do I find out more?
Fill in the form and we'll get in touch to discuss your requirements
Training Manager, Leading UK Bank