I have used Gillian’s services in a number of organisations and found her to be a coaching professional in the truest sense. She is both supportive and challenging with a solid understanding of the business world. Gillian also keeps her own development current and relevant, which is important to me, and as a qualified coach myself, I respect her integrity and ethics.
L & D
As an L&D commissioner, you are tasked with developing the skills and competencies of your senior leaders and so enable them in driving the business forward to meet its objectives.
We have a range of interventions designed to meet your organisation’s specific needs, including Executive Coaching, Onboarding, Career Coaching, Coaching skills training and Supervision, and Meeting Facilitation.
Our coaching approach
In all of our work we take a coaching approach, whether it be in 1:1 or group work.
We believe that if people can really be true to themselves, without feeling the pressure to be someone they are not, they develop the confidence to carry out their roles with self-assurance, authenticity and creativity. With this comes a greater willingness to push boundaries in pursuit of personal and organisational goals.
Our coaching approach enables your leaders to deepen their self-awareness and examine how they are performing in their role, within the organisation, and with their colleagues. We provide reflective, supportive and challenging environments that enable them to capitalise on what they do well and identify what they could do differently.
As a result, they feel validated and self-reliant, and so contribute more fully to the business and the teams that they manage.
In our 1:1 coaching, we regularly help senior executives with:
- Transitioning successfully: Working with Executive Team members or high potential leaders who have been appointed to the role of Chief Executive or other Executive positions on an interim or permanent basis. Enabling them to transition smoothly into the role and establish themselves with credibility in the promoted position.
- Leading at the top: Providing ongoing support, and challenge, to the organisation or division’s most senior leaders, allowing them to reflect on their experiences and consider their plans in a confidential and trusted environment.
- Managing change: Coaching leaders to identify and implement plans to develop their team’s engagement, skills and accountability, in order to drive organisational change – often in the face of resistance.
- Gaining promotion: Enabling high potential managers to identify their unique attributes and articulate them convincingly at interview, and so succeed in achieving their desired promotion.
We are also called upon when leaders are capable of fulfilling their role, and yet something is getting in the way of their success.
Common examples are with leaders who:
- Lack self-belief and confidence in their ability.
- Have strained working relationships with colleagues.
- Are struggling with their workload and levels of stress.
- Feel isolated and undervalued due to their difference.
Where to start?
Why not start with a no obligation conversation to find out more about gemm, the services that we offer and how we would work with you and your leaders?
If you would like a chat, please get in touch.
Enhancing the performance, productivity and confidence of senior leaders
The First 90 Days – coaching for a new role
Facilitating the successful transition of senior managers and directors into a new role
Career coaching and Outplacement
Mapping and enabling the path to a successful and rewarding career
Coaching Skills Training and Supervision
Developing and deepening coaching skills and techniques for leaders and internal coaches, and supporting the practice of internal coaches
The Thinking Environment
Empowering individuals and teams to think and act independently and so make better decisions
Senior Business Partner - Organisation Development, Audit Scotland
Get in Touch
We are happy to answer any questions and would love to hear from you. Please complete and submit this form so that we can contact you for a no obligation conversation..